Secure Web Gateway (SWG)
Secure Web Gateway (SWG) is a solution that prevents unsecured/unauthorized web traffic from entering or leaving an organization’s network. Utilized by enterprises to protect employees and users from accessing or being infected by malicious websites, web traffic, internet-borne viruses, malware, and other cyber threats and ensures regulatory compliances.
Instead of connecting directly to a website, a user accesses the SWG that in turn connects them to the desired website while performing functions such as URL filtering, web visibility, malicious content inspection, web access controls and other security measures.
SWG ‘s duty is to protect productivity and restore confidence through:
- Web proxies where all outbound traffic must pass. This implies that the gateway allows proxying of web requests via TCP ports (port 80 and 443) between internal organizational endpoints and external internet-based websites.
- Policy enforcement by enforcing policies that lay the protocol for who, what, where, when, and how internal users interact with the web.
- Malware detection as some gateways are configured to block such malicious sites entirely, while others are configured only to block the malicious code and deliver a malware-free web page to the intended user.
- Traffic inspection that analyzes all the web traffic passing to-and-from the organization. It blocks content that does not conform to corporate policies by denying entry to unencrypted content from any site for example
- Data loss prevention (DLP) where the gateway ensures that critical corporate information is prevented from being stolen, by performing data checks for unique patterns on outbound web traffic. Outgoing traffic is inspected for sensitive user data such as credit card data, user address, medical information, intellectual property, and more.
- URL filter for gateways that can use databases of known malicious sites and their categories to keep malware at bay. It can also prevent the downloading of suspicious payloads.
- Sandboxing that helps detect malware in an emulated framework. The method is effective in identifying, detecting, and blocking several extremely sophisticated malware.
Security Email Isolation prevents risks that emerge from mail attachments and links without interfering with user experience all the while safeguarding productivity by connecting seamlessly with the current mail server infrastructures like Exchange, Office 365, Gmail, and other webmail services. Email Isolation protects the native user experience without interfering with current workflows, providing seamless usage.
Email Isolation eliminates threats from emails that can compromise productivity and security by:
- Sending secure information to endpoints when all native email content is discarded in disposable containers using stateless web sessions, leaving employees with only the good stuff.
- Removing any viruses transmitted by email from attachments and URLs that are converted before being sent through the isolation platform. There is no requirement for an endpoint client, agent, or plug-in.
- Being User-friendly and transparent while operating behind the scenes to maintain users’ experience and safeguard productivity
- By mitigating when Malware fails miserably, threats are completely protected . Employees are shielded from sites that steal credentials. Prior to delivery, all native web content is separated. CDR examines attachments further to assess whether they are harmful.
- Opening attachments securely because email content security is not foolproof. The most popular apps’ documents are scanned and safeguarded. Full access to password-protected files is granted. Safe PDF reproductions of the original attachments are made available to employees for offline access.
- Decreasing the IT complexity and costs and ensuring seamless email security. Our solution integrates with the existing email system. Deployment and installation times have been cut drastically. Less effort and cost will be spent on management overhead.